In early 1906 prospectors discovered rich ore in Park Canyon, just west of Millett Ranch. Soon a small
townsite had been platted next to the ranch. By June 1906 Millett and the surrounding camps in the district were
home to more than 300 residents. A large general merchandise store was opened along with the Lakeview Hotel.
Soon a number of saloons, a blacksmith shop, a wagon-repair shop, and other buildings were also erected.
The Smoky Valley Hotel was completed in 1909. By 1911 Millett’s population was down to fifty. By 1916 the mining
district was dead and the Milletts sold the ranch.
Status: Private Property - Permission needed to visit - (1) photo
Original Date: 1910
Subject: Freight Team Coming into Millett, Nevada. Three wagons pulled by a string of mules with the mountains on the background.
Source: Private Collection